Pr 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
1. There are many unstable things today.
- A job
- The car starting, running.
- What you have for lunch.
2. I and this world strive to find stability and security.
- in my Job
- with my Car starting
- in my Family
- what for Lunch.
- Fill in the blank
3. For me and others like me, Salvation means not only Heaven, but security.
- My salvation experience. I was indeed lost.
- Lost means you don’t know where you are, and sometimes even where you are going, therefore no security.
- Life was in turmoil.
- God offered security and stability.
4. I discovered that there was a path to God and my stability.
Jo 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
5. Jesus Christ offered me what even the Military could not.
c. Someone to trust.
2Sa 22:2 And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
4 I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
Ps 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
6. I found that I could call on God for this peace through turmoil.
Ps 61:1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
7. I found that I could call on Him to guide me.
Ps 31:1 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name’s sake lead me, and guide me.
8. He is worthy of my Praise.
2Sa 22:50 Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
51 He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore.
Ps 18:1 I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
You may have noticed a lot of ME’s and my’s tonight. That’s because when I met Jesus it was one on one. There was no mass event, it was up close and personal. Jesus knew what He needed to do to get my attention. He knew I needed to have safety and stability, He knew that I could only find this through Him. He put very specific people in my path to get out the message. He knows what it takes to get your attention. Take comfort in the fact that My Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runneth into it, we are safe.