Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Some of the reasons that you may have heard for the use of the NIV or other modern versions might be:
- It just takes out the thee’s and thou’s…
- It uses updated English…
- It is easier to read…
- It is easier to access…
- It is simply more modern…
Here’s some things to consider:
- The NIV eliminates 64,576 words from the Bible when compared or referenced to the King James..
- The King James thee’s and thou’s are there to help establish context. In singularity, plurality and in the base nature of a verse in the areas of masculinity vs. feminine as well within the context.
- The NIV Translators feminized the Bible
4. NIV waters down the sin of Homosexuality
Two of the “translators” on the NIV committee were:
- Virginia Molencott – was the stylist (English grammar, sentence structure) – she was the person responsible for replacing the references of the God in the masculine “He, Him” with just THE ONE.. Also removing over 800 male references to God. In many of her following books she references that God is neither male nor female but rather a unisex being.
- Martin Woodsra – Former Chairman of the group Evangelicals Concerned – As introduced on their website it states:
Gay and Christian?- You are not alone!
Welcome to the web site of Evangelicals Concerned Inc. We are the national network of gay and lesbian evangelical Christians and friends. A non-profit organization founded in 1975 by Dr. Ralph Blair, EC has served the gay community since then, providing hope, encouragement, teaching and fellowship to women and men seeking to integrate their faith and sexual orientation.
Readability Analysis of Writing Samples
TEXT Grade Syllables Per Word Words over 9 Letters
USA Today 9 1.5 10%
People Magazine 8 1.5 10%
Children’s Books 7 1.3 8%
King James Bible,
New Testament 7 1.3 3%
- King James Bible is written on an average of 5.8 grade level with the book of Revelation being the highest at 7.5
- The NIV is written on average of 8.4 with Matthew being on a Senior in College level or 16.4!
- The King James Bible is the ONLY translation that has No Copyright.
Now recall – Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
The King James has played more of a role on the English language that often we realize:
A drop in the bucket
Isaiah 40:15 Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.
At one’s wits’ end
Psalms 107:27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits’ end.
A labour of love
Thessalonians 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
By the skin of your teeth
Job 19:20 My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth.
Can a leopard change its spots?
Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.
Go the extra mile
Matthew 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
A sign of the times
Matthew 16:3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
A Wolf in sheep’s clothing
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
The apple of my eye
Deuteronomy 32:10 He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.
The blind leading the blind
Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
As old as the hills
Job 15:7 Art thou the first man that was born? or wast thou made before the hills?
Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)