Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Fear is a natural thing, especially for those things you don’t understand.
In our opening verse Jesus is identifying that we are to preach a message to those of the world that they should fear God… because God has more power than the deeds of the flesh.
Matthew 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
– Our message to the world is that they should fear God… THE
- Creator of the Heaven and the Earth
- Creator of Light and Darkness
- Creator of the Waters and the Land
- Creator of the grass, the herb yielding seed, the fruit tree yielding fruit
- Creator of the Sun, Moon and the Stars
- Creator of Birds, great whales, and every living creature that moveth
- Creator of cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth
- Creator of man in His own image
A Child of God does not fear the world
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Psalms 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
Confidence comes through knowledge
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
The question is who do you fear… The Lord… or the World.
Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.