2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
2 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
Are we changing like the day? Or like the seasons?
- We know that the Bible says that when someone gets saved they are a NEW creature 2 Corinthians 5:17 and because of that …change should be expected.
- But how quickly?
- You see while we give grace to people giving them time to change.. The Bible shows examples of sudden changes when Jesus touches their lives.
- So again, while we know that we are to change… are we changing as quick as the change of the day? Or as slow as the seasons turning?
- Do we really want to change? Do we want to be Holy?
1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1 Corinthians 9:13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the alter are partakers with the alter?
14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
How do I live of the Gospel?
a. People can tell when you have spent time with Jesus
b. Read your Bible, Pray, Serving… let people see God through your actions… Do people know when your car is not in the driveway on Sunday and Wednesday… that you’re at Church
James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
a. If you are still desiring the things of the world, is that Holy? Is that the change God was talking about?
b. Do the people you knew before you were saved know you were saved?
3. Are you exposing your mind to Godly things?
Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith;
Maybe you’ve never been changed…